Thursday, 24 January 2013

Margam Park

Wet, windy, but WONDERFUL!  That was my first impression of Margam Park when I visited to run our First Part 1 course of 2013 from this venue.  I had not been before but it was a great experience.  The staff were most welcoming, the room was lovely and warm and spacious and then, in the middle of my presentation, I was stopped by one of the students.  I thought I made a mistake but no! - she just wanted to point out the 7 stags as they walked past the windows and were practising their antler skills on branches.


I was even more impressed when we walked down from the house towards the Orangery and looked back at the stunning castle before we turned and watched the ducks and geese floating on the lake or at least being blown across the water by the high winds.  Then we managed to get some shots of the lakes outlet waterfall before returning to review the images taken. 

Then I packed away and as I drove off there were the most unusual and rare deer I have ever seen - they just stood as I parked and paddled across the grass, ruining my shoes - but I got some lovely photos - as I left I saw Dave at the gate and he told me they were the rare Pere David's Deer - what a great day!  I will be back and hope to see lots of people there on our future courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment