Monday, 26 August 2013

Summer 2013

Well as August draws to a close, I thought it time to review our Summer season and there have been many courses running in South Wales and just over the bridge in Bristol, where it has been a pleasure to meet and work with so many new students as well as those of you who have returned for up to 12 times on our courses!  In June it was wonderful to have the chance to go with 2 groups over to Skomer to photograph the wonderful puffins and I am delighted to report that one of our students - Alison Pashley has gained third prize in a photo competition with one of her puffin shots.  Well done Alison!

Also, I had a great time last Saturday with our group who joined me and my son Adam on our walk around Bristol.  I will attach some of their comments and photos below and I hope this will inspire others to keep an eye open for future similar walks. 

Finally from me - three forthcoming events to look forward to and for some of you still to book - 6-8th Sept our Landscape, Low Light and Waterfall weekend based around Swansea, Neath and Port Talbot
http://www.goingdigital.co.uk/photographycourses/weekendphotography.php
 and then the Red Squirrels of Brownsea Island - just added to our list of courses in the South of England - there are spaces on Sat Oct 12th this has been added by popular demand as the first course in September is already full.
http://www.goingdigital.co.uk/photographycourses/wildlife-photography.php
Also the Birds of Prey course at Kingston Lacy in Dorset will allow you to get both portraits of the birds as well as catching them in flight.
http://www.goingdigital.co.uk/photographycourses/wildlife-photography.php

Now I hand over to Annette and Dave with their comments and photos from the recent Bristol Photo Walk, and I would like to thank them for their contribution.  For more on this, please go to our Facebook Page:- https://www.facebook.com/GoingdigitalSouth

Annette says:

"Hi Peter
Very many thanks for a terrific day out on Saturday. I really enjoyed it. Bristol is much changed since I lived nearby over 35 years ago and your tour gave a splendid insight into the changes. I especially enjoyed the river trip which gave a totally different view of modern day Bristol life – the contrast of the old and the new and how life is evolving. I’m glad the group was small – it gave an opportunity to function independently without the danger of getting lost! I found the tour just the right length – I was beginning to feel a little tired towards the end which was exactly right. I felt I’d had a good day out without having to struggle towards the end. Plus there was something for everyone from flowers to boats to water to buildings, not forgetting all the Grommits of course. In fact, to quote the duo ‘a grand day out’. Many thanks."
Here are her selected photos-
 






 
 
Dave also sent his favourite selection -
 





 
 
"Thank you very much for leading the Bristol Photo walk today.  I have lived in and around Bristol for over 30 years and I never realised how interesting and photogenic the City Centre is, especially at the moment with the Gromits popping up everywhere!
I would recommend this course to anyone who enjoys photography."
 
So thanks to you all for a GREAT GD SUMMER and I look forward to seeing many of you again over the coming months - Peter.
 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment